Sunday, November 27, 2011

Slight Change of Plans

After having a discussion with my doctor this week, we decided to change our plan of action by just a little bit. We're still most likely heading toward laparoscopic surgery to look for endometriosis, but he wants to try something else first. Like I mentioned earlier, he put me on Metformin about a month ago. Now I am also on Clomid and Femara. I have done plenty of rounds of Clomid, but the doc has said this combination has worked for several women. I can always use a few more fertility drugs coursing through my system, right? Anyway, we'll try this for three months, and then we'll do the surgery. At that point, if there is no endometriosis, our only options are to keep waiting, pursue IVF, or adopt. It's kind of scary that we are so close to only having IVF or adoption as options, but I've kind of seen this coming for a while.

I've been on the cocktail for a few days now, and I feel okay. I'm pretty sure I had a hot flash this morning when I got to church because of the raging hormones in my body. I sat down and immediately started overheating. I was on fire for about five minutes, then it went away. Fun!

I've been thinking about multiples a lot lately. I think part of it is the fact that I'm on 3 different drugs, part because of IVF looming in the future, and part because our neighbor had twins about a month ago. I told T (hubby) about my thoughts the other day, and the next night we both had a dream about twins. I would be totally thrilled with multiples, as long as they were all healthy. I know that sounds horrible to people, but I don't really care at this point if they come one at a time or all at once, as long as they come.

I have a lot of things I want to talk about dealing with the emotional trauma of infertility, but I'm a bit swamped with the final weeks of the semester, so it will be coming. For now, let's just say that writing my own feelings and thoughts on this blog is so much healthier than the blog-stalking I tend to do, reading about everyone's pregnancy and baby adventures. If anyone is still reading this, thanks for letting me put it all out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment