Thursday, August 23, 2012

Creeping up on 30

Still playing the waiting game. When I had my surgery in March the doctor said it should only take me three months, six months max. We're on the sixth month, and I'm now back on Clomid. My ovulation has been spotty, so we'll try this for a few months, and if this doesn't do it we'll move forward with IVF.

I turn 30 in 3 weeks. I've really only had two goals that I wanted to achieve before I turned 30: get my doctorate, and become a mother. It looks like I'll be defending my dissertation a week or two after my birthday, so I say that's close enough on that one. No such luck on the second goal. I realize it is not really anything that I can control, but it is still upsetting. I hear a lot of people say that they want to be finished having kids before they are 30. Yeah, those are the people that make all sorts of life plans and they just work out perfectly. :) As the years tick by, I can't help but think about how much older I'm getting, and how my future family size is shrinking. 

I know I have accomplished a lot in my 30 years, and I know that life is still good. But it's also still hard.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. For someone who is so good at taking control of things and getting things done, this has to be especially hard. Love you.

    ReplyDelete